Sunday, December 18, 2011

Review: The Brush Guard Variety Pack

About a year ago, I picked up three variety packs of The Brush Guard, which promises to "keep your makeup brushes like new." Originally, I used them for storing my brushes. They work fairly well for this. The problem is that there is nothing to make them stay. They push toward the ferrule of your brushes and actually cause more harm to your bristles. This happens to me a lot when I put the brushes in the guards and then in my brush roll.
   I then started using them to dry my brushes. After I shampooed my brushes, I would slip one of these babies on and store my brushes upside down in a clean cup to dry. This works really well. My brushes don't lose bristles as much and they dry a million times faster. These also help keep the shape of the brush. The only brush I don't like using these with is my baby kabuki. It gets stuck every once in a while and is really hard to get out of the guard, which is just kind of annoying.
From: The Brush Guard
Price: $5.50

Product: 8/10

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 9.5/10
Overall: 9/10

Would I buy this again? I have three packs already, and they've lasted a year now, so probably not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment